This initial CEO Letter reflects a summary of major accomplishments since I began my tenure at Halberd Corporation. Going forward, I intend to provide update letters to our shareholders and the public on a quarterly basis.
A LOOK BACK
Since I began at Halberd back in May, I have been working on assembling a talented team of technical and business leaders (who, like me, are willing to work for “out of the money” stock warrants as their sole compensation) and set the direction for research and development of detection and treatment of coronavirus.
- Recruited the “Best-of-the-Best” from Premier Biomedical, Inc. to join Halberd Corporation. Their experience and dedication to bringing the technology to market allowed us to hit the ground running.
- Appointed Dr. Mitchell S. Felder as a Consultant to the Scientific Advisory Board.
- Patricio Reyes was appointed as Chief Technical Officer and Chairman of the Scientific Advisory Board.
- Abdon Nanhay and Edson Brito, of Brazil, and Dr. Gregory George of Sharon Regional Hospital Network agreed to join our Scientific Advisory Board.
- Carl Eller, Retired NFL Players Association President, agreed to serve as a consultant.
- Secured license to two issued patents on an extracorporeal treatment process, previously held by Premier Biomedical.
- Established Coronavirus as clinical target for extracorporeal patent application.
- Secured license to three provisional patent applications for Coronavirus work.
- Secured required non-dilutive funding to start work at a research facility.
- Conducted and completed a search for an ideal university partner, selecting a world-class organization with outstanding research personnel.
- Began working with our university partner on September 1, 2020, and established bi-weekly technology review meetings to track progress and guide research direction as needed.
- Recently acquired license to a fourth provisional patent application targeting coronavirus prevention and treatment.
- Developed a unique antibody that conjoins Covid disease antigens and has exceeded expectations in testing to date!
A LOOK FORWARD
In the coming quarter, our plans will center on development of antibodies for the detection and treatment of Covid-19:
- Initiate in-depth testing of our unique Covid antibody and determine its applicability toward:
- A Covid Preventative in the form of a nasal spray as a potential alternative to a vaccine!!!
- A convenient and non-invasive rapid and accurate Covid Diagnostic test;
- An effective Covid Therapeutic utilizing Halberd’s patented extracorporeal technology.
- File patent application(s) on our unique Covid antibody(ies).
- Initiate studies to investigate commercial potential for Halberd’s intellectual property.
- Explore other potential applications for Halberd’s patented extracorporeal technology, such as PTSD, Cancer, etc.
In summary, we believe we are off to a very good start. The team has delivered an outstanding first quarter of operation. We have secured a world-class university research partner and they have exceeded even my optimistic expectations in tangible R&D results to-date. We believe we have developed one of the best, if not the best, Covid-19 antibody and are continuing to pursue three potential applications for its use: a Preventative; a Diagnostic; and a Therapeutic.
We recognize the importance of developing a relationship with a large, established pharmaceutical firm and/or major investment capital in order expedite FDA certification, manufacture and distribution of any potential products. In that vein, we remain open to discussions with partner candidates.
Thank you for your support.
About Halberd Corporation.
Halberd Corporation. (OTC-PINK:HALB), is a publicly traded company on the OTC Market, and is in full compliance with OTC Market reporting requirements. Halberd’s Articles of Incorporation prohibit the company from issuance of convertible debt which would result in dilution. See the company’s Articles of Incorporation here. The number of outstanding shares remains at 317,721,539.
The company holds the exclusive rights to the COVID-19 extracorporeal treatment technology provisional patent applications: “Method for Treating and Curing Covid-19 Infection;” “Method for Treating COVID-19 Inflammatory Cytokine Storm for the Reduction of Morbidity and Mortality in COVID-19 Patients;” “Method for Treating and Curing COVID-19 Infection by Utilizing a Laser to Eradicate the Virus”, and, “Nasal Spray To Prevent The Transmission Of Covid-19 Between Humans.” Halberd also holds the exclusive rights to the underlying granted U.S. Patent 9,216,386 and U.S. Patent 8,758,287.
Safe Harbor Notice
Certain statements contained herein are “forward-looking statements” (as defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995). The Companies caution that statements, and assumptions made in this news release constitute forward-looking statements and makes no guarantee of future performance. Forward-looking statements are based on estimates and opinions of management at the time statements are made. These statements may address issues that involve significant risks, uncertainties, estimates made by management. Actual results could differ materially from current projections or implied results. The Companies undertake no obligation to revise these statements following the date of this news release.
Investor caution/added risk for investors in companies claiming involvement in COVID-19 initiatives –
On April 8, 2020, SEC Chairman Jay Clayton and William Hinman, the Director of the Division of Corporation Finance, issued a joint public statement on the importance of disclosure during the COVID-19 crisis.
The SEC and Self-Regulatory Organizations are targeting public companies that claim to have products, treatment or other strategies with regard to COVID-19.
The ultimate impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the Company’s operations is unknown and will depend on future developments, which are highly uncertain and cannot be predicted with confidence, including the duration of the COVID-19 outbreak. Additionally, new information may emerge concerning the severity of the COVID-19 pandemic, and any additional preventative and protective actions that governments, or the Company, may direct, which may result in an extended period of continued business disruption, reduced customer traffic and reduced operations. Any resulting financial impact cannot be reasonably estimated at this time.
We further caution investors that our primary focus and goal is to battle this pandemic for the good of the world. As such, it is possible that we may find it necessary to make disclosures which are consistent with that goal, but which may be adverse to the pecuniary interests of the Company and of its shareholders.